Thursday, May 12, 2016

Art Meets Science ❤


This project is pretty unique because it involves with experimenting. As the title says "Art Meets Science" the project is basically using experimenting and using different techniques to create art. As you have known the past 10 months that I have had this blog, I love to paint. Painting has always been something that has helped me relax and is a special way to express myself. I wanted to do my project involving with paint. I also wanted to do something that would be fun and slightly messy. I then thought of bubbles. Then I thought if its possible to make paint bubbles. 

What I first did was grab a small shallow dish and placed some paint in it. Then I added some soap and a little bit of water. Then I mixed it up using a plastic fork. At first I thought just mixing the solution would get me the big bubbles. However, I only get really small ones. Then I grabbed a plastic straw and blew into the straw to create the bubbles. Then I pressed my paper onto the bubbles and just popped them on the paper. As you can see, they leave this really cool bubble look on the paper. 

After I added a few layers of color to the bubbles, I realized that the bubbles look kind of like flowers, so I painted leaves and stems on them. I did add water to the acrylic paint that I used so I could water it down and make the leaves and stems look subtle. 

Overall this project turned out really cute and it was a lot of fun to do. It gave me the opportunity to act like a kid and play with bubbles! It also helped me get out of my comfort zone a little and experiment with other household items with art supplies.  Plus it created really cute flowers.  I think you can also tell that I have an obsession with flowers. The flower is by far one of my favorite things in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment